Forum: Community Center

Subject: Is this the new O.T. forum?

TerraDreamer opened this issue on May 11, 2004 ยท 66 posts

mon1alpha posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 6:17 AM

Well...who said 'oh no, not him again?' ;) Seriously Spike..what's wrong with calling it OT? No doubt things were getting out of hand, I was amazed at the way my topic went when all I asked was why had some religous posts been locked. Some of the things that people said were incredibly insulting. If anyone takes a wander over to PoserPros forums they'll see that some folk have taken their baggage with them and are spreading it far and wide in the name of free speech. The point is though, most people were ok, we all went a little OT at times. I don't think that a list of forbidden subjects is a good idea simply because it'll create paranoid ramblings from some folk(yup, the same 'some folk') The basic rules that were in place were fine..perhaps have a 'time out' symbol or a 'three strikes' system as well. If people ignore the 3 warnings then block 'em, if they return and continue then ban 'em. I do feel that some Moderators took it all a bit too personal and may have acted hastily but..it's your site. I just feel that it's a shame that the site which basically helped me to become the great talented bighead that I am today has lost so much goodwill. Come on...we need the big R and you all need us. :) As ever, your 'umble servant Mon