Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I have made my first Map now how do I get the jpg file into Poser 5

keyze opened this issue on May 22, 2004 ยท 6 posts

AntoniaTiger posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 2:32 PM

The fonts within Poser are often so poorly chosen, colored, and sized, that I've taken to making a backup copy of a texture map, and editing the copy with the original name, rather than messing around changine filenames in Poser. If you're doing some sketch-type work, trying out ideas, you can also use a smaller texture map. The bigger the texture map, the more RAM it needs, and some of the DAZ 3D stuff, such as Vicky and her clothes, are using 3000-pixel square maps. When you're in the Poser 5 Materials room you have a winder onto the scene, and the lighting control, so you can see what effects your changes have. You can also click on a part of a figure (conforming clothes are a figure) to get access to the materials settings. That's good, as some clothing can have rather unhelpful labelling, such as "cloth 1", "cloth 2", and so on. It's rather like the multiple ways of picking the item in the parameters/properties menu in the posing section. You can choose "head" in a menu, of click on it.