Forum: Community Center

Subject: i am being hassled for putting multiple images in my uploads

Primal opened this issue on May 23, 2004 ยท 37 posts

Armorbeast posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 5:41 PM

The key here is the 512kb limit...some people including myself upload a "single" image that meets that limit each time we upload.I see nothing wrong with uploading more than one image and no violation of the "spirit" of the TOS as the TOS on this matter reflects the file size not the content.In absolutely no way do I see any harm being done by comics or multi image uploads...the only harm that can be seen is that rosity is trying to force people to pay for the two additional uploads each day!!If Primal and others can squeeze two or even three images into an upload and none of them violate the TOS in regards to content...than I have to agree that rosity is dead wrong here!!Three images in one upload costs rosity no more than a single image upload that meets the 512kb size requirement.

I understand the need to make money and doubt that anyone begrudges rosity that...but you allow us to upload images based on filesize and image size parameters-as long as Primal meets these requirements and doesn't violate the TOS in regards to content,I think you should back away and let this one slide.It does no harm to anyone and considering what Primal says in regards to what he contributes to this site...I think he is correct and this truly gives rosity a black eye.This is a loop hole that you can't fix in regards to making people pay for additional uploads...so you try to ban it instead with the only reason being that you want people to buy the additional uploads.

Word to the wise,I purchased the additional uploads last month because I've been beta testing for some friends...was gonna buy it again this month for the same reason but may not if this is the way you choose to do business.I have my own site so I can do one image and post links to the others on my site...I can also invite others to my site to do the same thing or to create a free site of their own to do the same thing.I have agreed with rosity in the past and here I fully understand the need to make a little profit...but I have also disagreed with rosity in the past and here I see a blatant attempt by you to force someone to buy the additional uploads or even to create a new rule for this sole purpose.

So on this I stand against rosity...there are better ways to make money and this isn't the way to do it because no matter how you handle it-you come off greedy and manipulative!

Message edited on: 05/23/2004 17:44

If the end goal of learning is genius...why are most geniuses failures at learning?