Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dystopia City Blocks 001-010 now in free stuff

Ajax opened this issue on May 24, 2004 ยท 42 posts

Tyger_purr posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 3:39 PM

Not incorrectly, just different. Dystopia is made more for further shots. Get close enough and it seems like something is missing because the minute detail is not there. I choose to build it separately so that the textures would look right in the extreme foreground. One way I have found (the way I did for this shot) to put characters on buildings is to identify where you want them. To to the top camera and zoom out till you can see the whole block. Insert the figure. Hold down shift (to keep poser from selecting a different figure) and drag your character (from the top camera) until he reaches a point directly below where you want him (under the balcony or inside the building you want him on. Then enter a value into the y trans until you get him close to the roof/balcony. Then zoom in and do the fine tuning. Another option (which I used in a scene I havent posted yet) is to place all the characters you may want in the scene near the origin point. Then put in the dystopia block/figure and push the block down into the ground (its best if you turn off shadows at this point to make it easier to see) and shift the dystopia roof/balcony under the figures. This is easier if you have lots of things you need to add or you want some different camera angles from near the figures. I have found it is easiest to move these things around in top front and left/right cameras. Zoomed way out so that you can see most everything.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries