Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Mike 2.0

Bruce_ opened this issue on Jun 03, 2004 ยท 74 posts

Fashionably_Late posted Fri, 04 June 2004 at 12:47 AM

No offense intended, but I get kinda tired of reading this same complaint over and over again. Its kind of like when I worked in computer sales, and someone would buy a piece of software and say, "What do you mean this won't work on my 5 year old computer?" and my reply would be, "Sorry, nobody's forcing you to buy a new computer... but you can't expect continual support from all parties for something that's several years old."

There are TONS of products on the market for M2 and V2, and I really don't think anyone owns all of them. New products might not be released for them as often, but have you taken a look at some of the older products you may have missed? I've found quite a few quality products that weren't released yesterday, especially for the version 1/2 figures.

The market just doesn't move backwards, I'm not sure why people seem to find that so upsetting. I find that having significantly different figures helps to give images some variety, so I wouldn't really want to see a version 3 figure identical to a version 2 besides a higher poly count or improved joints.

Sometimes I wonder, if DAZ had chosen to give each version a different name instead of the number progression, would people have complained less? ;)

~ Molly