Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Mike 2.0

Bruce_ opened this issue on Jun 03, 2004 ยท 74 posts

ynsaen posted Fri, 04 June 2004 at 3:29 AM

"Besides that is not the problem, The problem is Mike 3.0 is getting all the product support, Mike 2.0 users are being ignored." Ok, I'm off to bed here, but... Pointed out earlier that he's not being ignored, he's been upgraded. Insofar as the product line goes, M3 is the current version of the "michael" figure. I'm willing to bet you'll see M4 before the end of this year, as well (and based on the original M2 mesh, possibly -- nothing would surprise me after seeing a cyclops made from the unimesh), and then M3 will cease to have the support tht he has now. This has nothing to do with the user base, everything to do with sales. M2 sales were pretty low when M3 came out. M3 sales are starting to reduce now. Both will still be available (heck, M1 is still available) for a long time to come -- there is enough stuff out there for both that if you wanted to invest the time an energy, you could create pretty much any type of outfit you wanted. And M2 still has stuff developed for him. It might not be as frequently, but there is something new for him coming out all the time. As noted in the thread -- this is what happens. It's the normal way of things. Especially where DAZ is concerned. They are a business. Although you may not like it, they don't make as much money supporting an old figure as they do a new one. Furthermore, the older a figure is, the more diluted their marketshare for that figure's accessories becomes, reducing even further the value of the figure. The money to grow comes from new. Not old. And if the market for m1 or m2 ever does dry up enough, you will see them both simply enter the free vault and reside ther forevermore. Until then -- you want it, ask for it, beg for it, and then pay for it. (or maybe simply pay for it -- hire one of the clothing creators to make you an outfit). Or make it yourself :)

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)