Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Mike 2.0

Bruce_ opened this issue on Jun 03, 2004 ยท 74 posts

pdxjims posted Fri, 04 June 2004 at 11:59 AM

1. M2 is a mature product. He has 10 times more product and freestuff available than any other figure. If you can think of a piece of clothing that hasn't been made for him, I'd be surprised. 2) Most of the male market has gone to M3, who has considerable less product available than M2. M3, and now David, are what most users are gearing to. There are much fewer people interested in new M2 things than M3. Watch for fewer M3 items now that David has come out (he's the best male figure so far). 3) It's not a question of which figure is better. They both have a place. However, as a vendor and freestuff maker, M2 stuff doesn't make me any money (compared to new M3 or David items), and I can't think of any type of clothing to make for M2. The only thing that was missing for M2 was fetishwear and a long robe, and I did 5 or 6 free packages for M2 to fill that void. 4) M2 is lower poly than M3. Good and bad. M3 gives a better render in closeups. M2 is easier on resources. With faster and more capable computers, resources are less important than they were, so M3 becomes more attractive. So, if you want new items for M2, think of something that hasn't been done for him, and show me who'll pay for it. Side note on genitals: Yeah, M3 hasn't got them. The M3 attached genitals are pretty lame when it comes to posing and fitting. M2's genitals were pretty bad too. At least the M3 genitals can be posed like a character, rather than relying on some pretty bad morphing. Most of the Poser Gay Mafia (yes, we're a family, but we don't leave horse's heads in your bed), use the free GPA genitals by the infamous and estimable Ulf. There are at least 6 different male genital sets available (I know, I have them all). They were all done as a replacement for the M2 genitals because they were so limited. Side note on Daniel, the Aeon Hero: He's the closest thing you'll get to M2 that takes M3 morphs. Applying them to him gives some great and different men. I've taken his base and exported his body parts as morph objects, and applied them to M3 and Seth, the Aeon Teen. Talk about some really nice effects. Side note to ernyoka1: Listen lady, the next time I spray a mouthful of coffee all over my keyboard after reading one of your posts, you get to clean it up. God, are all Poser male figures Gay? I hope not! The idea of Ragbash the Troll trying to chat me up at the Eagle is a little scary (although I've been chatted up by even scarier men there). The one, the only, and using his only handle, PDXJims