Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Frankensteining Vicki 3 body with Vicky 2 head, Second (Hellish) Part

Casette opened this issue on Jun 05, 2004 ยท 11 posts

FishNose posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 4:55 AM

Attached Link: TenTen on V3 - Yamato

If I remember correctly, I got it to work the firt time I tried. Using Yamato's 'TenTen on V3' Tutorial at: (as link above)

http://www.juno.dti.ne.jp/~yamato-k/Step-1.html

Start again. Use completely standard default Vickies, as they come from DAZ. Follow the tut EXACTLY.

As I say, the important thing if it goes to hell is - start again from scratch with a clean scene and default characters. Then add your morphs and stuff afterwards using Morph Manager or whatever.
Then, if you get the procedure to work and find out what you did wrong, you can do it again with that knowledge and use your own morphed charcaters in the process the next time.
My Vickies have enormous amounts of morphs built in. I still managed to get this to work.

If you use a full MAT pose for V2 or V3 (body AND head) on the hybrid you may get oddness in the materials, with new materials added to the list, since Poser was instructed to add texs to materials that don't exist in the hybrid model. This might be the reason for duplicated materials as in your list.
It may also not have anything to do with the other problems you are having.

Incidentally, try to avoid using V3 INJ poses on the hybrid that include any head channels. If you do, it adds lots of 'ghost' channels that down't work to the V2 head and make life difficult for you with long, long lists of dead V3 dials in the V2 head.

Best of luck!

:] Fish

Message edited on: 06/05/2004 04:59

Message edited on: 06/05/2004 04:59