Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: too many folders

DeviantDesigns opened this issue on Jun 05, 2004 ยท 16 posts

butterfly_fish posted Sun, 06 June 2004 at 3:39 AM

I also rename almost all files as they get downloaded. If a file has a ! in front of it, it is because I put it there, not some vendor. And there is no need for any third party solutions if you don't contribute to the problem by putting textures in poses and poses in cameras and lights in faces and wherever else people (including vendors) are moving stuff. I hate it when some vendor has assumed that my pose folder is full and slips something into hands or cameras. Glad you said that, Carolly. I hate that, too! I'm not going to remember somewhere down the line that the textures for Bob's Dress or whatever ended up installed in my cameras folder. I just spent a bunch of time moving files that wanted to be cameras. Call me crazy, but I want the stuff in my cameras folder to be cameras. And as far as the !, !!, !!!, +++, -, or whatever other method people want to use to be at the top of my directory structure, if I can't find it, I can't use it. If I don't use it, I don't buy from you again. Simple. And I hereby promise never to put weird characters in front of any folder I make. ~~~ ;-) -Heidi

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam