Forum: Photography

Subject: Keeping Images Organized......

Michelle A. opened this issue on Jun 05, 2004 ยท 16 posts

bsteph2069 posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 5:00 PM

I actually have a horrible system. But here it goes. Important images are catogorized in a folder by rough subject matter ( basically why I started using that camera that session or the highlight of the session ) a mnenonic for the image type and camera source. Many images are stored on FLOPPY DISK, and CD. All of my pictures are kept in the original development package which includes the date of development. eg. Chow pics mvc-4-5-2002 Would include the pictures where I photographed the cow using a mavica in 2002. The problem is if I took a good picture of a FISH at the same time. I would have to remember where the fish wound up or search for it. Generally the good one I keep looking for I get copied to someplace easier to find. Post worked images when I am done get renamed to **** fnl.* or ***fnl for now.. It's not a great system because it all mainly hinges on my memory of when I photographed something. If I don't regurly look at the directories I tend to forget. Finally I have a directory with photos I use for experiments sundry retouches morphing excetera and a forder for 3D photos. Bsteph