Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Glow Tutorial

Jenai21 opened this issue on Jun 09, 2004 ยท 12 posts

Byrdie posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 8:42 PM

Nice tutorial, thanks. Regarding the spyware/popups, I think what happened was this. At the very top of the page there's a bar with pictures and a screensaver link. Do NOT click on that, no matter how irresistable those kittens look -- I did (at another site) and boy am I regretting it! What it does is install something called Sfondi Desktop/Toolbar under Internet Explorer. Which is absolutely riddled with nasty boogers even Ad Aware can't get completely rid of. There's no uninstaller either and XP's Add/Remove programs option can't even find the bloody thing, let alone delete it. Now it keeps trying to hijack my browser even when I'm not online and even before Windows fully loads whenever I start the computer. Got so bad I thought I had a virus but nope, all clear on that front. The pop-ups waste system resources like crazy, most of the time the windows aren't even visible. I only know they're there because I have sound fx set up to alert me whenever a window opens & closes or a program does something I should know about, like check my e-mail. And it's got my Adobe reader plug-in all shagged up, too, so it only half-loads & crashes unless I'm using Netscape. Worse, this happened when I was using P5 and it froze up in the middle of a save, corrupting the file I was working on. I had to start all over from scratch, now i'm an even bigger back-up fanatic than ever. Short story, the page is fine. Just don't click anything on it and you shouldn't have problems. Oh, and the screensaver? Doesn't work at all if Internet Explorer isn't open and online, but then you won't be watching it, will you? You'll be surfing the net. And exposed to a gazillion f***ing pop-ups. ::kicks self in ass:: Just bloody lovely!