Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Ferguson's Next Contest -- Romance Long Ago

Pen_Is_Envy opened this issue on Jun 11, 2004 ยท 58 posts

Pen_Is_Envy posted Fri, 11 June 2004 at 9:17 PM

OK, to settle this question of whether requiring one of Cimerone's STORE products in the contest is illegal or not,... it's NOT illegal. I asked a lawyer, and here is the explanation: The contest is technically a performance contract. You are free to create the conditions of your contract and can include whatever you want. (Your contest/contract is limited by the TOS of the forum/site which can be viewed as the same as say a master lease with a sublease.) If you require the use of any particular theme, product or products or not is really your choice. They can either comply and then you judge them and they are eligible for the prizes or they don't comply and you do not have to judge them and they are not eligible. The terms are conditions precedent, that is they must be met before the contract is made. These conditions are generally stated as the "rules". This will be the final word I issue on this subject. Frankly, I'm exhausted, LOL. I still thank everyone who voiced an opinion, I've learned a lot, and I look forward to the contest entries. The rules as stated above, therefore, will stand. I will definitely take everyone's opinions into consideration, though, for future contests. :) Again, I will post a sample image in my gallery before the start date of June 21, where the rules again will be summarized there, and comments/ratings on the image will be DISABLED, as the submissions will be. Again, something different from the last contest... if it doesn't work for this one, the next contest will have yet another approach. :O) Thank you all for your interest and patience.:O) Jessie.