Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Ferguson's Next Contest -- Romance Long Ago

Pen_Is_Envy opened this issue on Jun 11, 2004 ยท 58 posts

Armorbeast posted Fri, 11 June 2004 at 10:17 PM

Thats ok Ferguson,I was only trying to point out that by definition it could also constitute a lottery as requiring a purchase to enter a contest has gotten many people sued for major bucks.Thats why when you enter national contests you sometimes see states excluded from participation...or why in some states you are required to pay an additional tax.The clarification you say the lawyer gave you says you may require the use of...but you didn't say purchase of. Before anyone thinks I'm being a drag,it only takes one person who spills a hot cup o' java in their lap to sue MacDonalds before people even know it can be done.So I'm glad you understood I was only trying to make you aware of that...but if your lawyer assures you its ok and there's no problem-then let the contest begin:) (PS:I have no problem with buying Cimerones stuff,she's a great person and creates fabulous products-but won't buy just to enter when I know I won't win-may buy just because they're good products though)

If the end goal of learning is genius...why are most geniuses failures at learning?