Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What is it you want exactly from the Poser Forum here at Renderosity?

Shoshanna opened this issue on Jun 15, 2004 ยท 95 posts

randym77 posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 9:14 AM

I, too, would like to see a better search engine. Trying to find stuff in the forums is hopeless using the current search engine.

Do you want to post off topic in here and if so why?
Why do you think that is a good idea?
Would you prefer there to be an off topic type forum instead?

Either way would work for me. Either allow OT posts here, properly flagged, or have an OT forum. Not allowing OT posts at all will never work, IMO. We're human beings, not robots. We have interests and lives apart from Poser, and we need to share them.

What is so terrible about following the tos when posting that leads some people to complain about it?

IMO, the complaints are due to the TOS being inconsistently enforced, leading to the perception of favoritism. Some people get warned or banned for minor offenses, while others get away with murder. It's the perceived unfairness that's infuriating, not the TOS.

What do you like about the forum/community page/Poser galleries/Poser Freestuff here?
What don't you like?

What I like is the cleanness of the Rosity site. That's been a bit eroded lately, with Flash ads and the cluttered look of the MP, but it's still much better than most sites. (The people at 3DCommune are wonderful, but their store really sucks. Java windows for every product. Arggghhh. It's like they're trying to keep you from spending money there.)

What would you prefer we did differently?

Go back to having all your past purchases on one page. It's a real PITA to have to search a dozen pages to see if you've bought an item, instead of just one.

I'd also like to see more than one upload to the gallery allowed per day. I understand there must be limits, but I'd prefer, say, 12 a month to one a day.

How could we make the Poser forum a place where you would feel happier to be?

Loosen up on the reins a little. As others have pointed out, when you try to stifle expression, it always comes out in some other way. Perhaps an OT forum would be the best way to go - one in which only a few holds are barred. Key, I think, would be a very good, very experienced moderator, and an upfront warning that anyone who is easily offended should stay out.