Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What is it you want exactly from the Poser Forum here at Renderosity?

Shoshanna opened this issue on Jun 15, 2004 ยท 95 posts

SamTherapy posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 1:30 PM

Definitely rip out this creaky old steam powered forum software and put in something newer, faster and more in keeping with current software standards. I would like to see OT rules relaxed (note, I didn't say "scrapped") around here. I think it's a good idea because we are a community of sorts, and forums which stick entirely to topic tend to be dull as ditchwater. Conversations don't generally stick to one topic, and often what we have here can be thought of as conversation - or discussion and debate. I wouldn't visit the OT forum for the simple reason that I can't be arsed to open yet another window and flick back and forth. I often have the Merchant's and the Copyright forums open, as well as the Marketplace, Galleries, my email, maybe DAZ, 3D.sk, or Poser Pros and squished in there somewhere is Poser. I could use another open window like a hole in the head. Besides which, I'm a Poser person, and I like my OT to be Poser flavoured. TOS wise, I have no problem so long as it's evenly and fairly applied. Sometimes it isn't (I honestly can't think of a specific example right now), which gets my dander up, but generally, I have been a defender of the TOS. Not because I think it's particularly great or wonderful, or that it makes me feel good, just simply on the basis of "This is our house and if you stay here, you abide by these rules". I'll leave the debates about censorship et al to others. Interviews with other artists is a great idea. I'm all for that.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery