Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What is it you want exactly from the Poser Forum here at Renderosity?

Shoshanna opened this issue on Jun 15, 2004 ยท 95 posts

numanoid posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 10:59 PM

1. When someone starts a thread they must be able to delete the post, but once someone has replied then it must not be possible to remove the first post. I hate seeing a thread with thirty responses but the first post has been deleted, so you don't know what the discussion is about. 2) Allow OT posts but should be marked OT, or flagged with an option to ignore OT posts in your preferences. 3) Free stuff provider of the month is a great idea, but should not be based on downloads. Should be based on some other system. At the moment the most downloaded products are clothes and textures, but some other downloads are more innovative, and deserve recognition. Maybe two different categories, one for most downloaded, and one for most innovative or original. Some products such as python scripts and utilities may not get many downloads, but they do push the abilities of Poser beyond the norm. 4) Some better way of showcasing animations. t the moment the only way of showcasing an animation is by putting it in free stuff, which is frankly quite rediculous. Possibly a size limit on the animation, sent to the moderators, who then post one animation a month for download. Not the best system, but at the moment to the casual observer it would seem as though Poser is only for static renders. 5) The header on the Poser forum is way too big. Lay it out better and it will take half the space. 6) The 'Email me when someone replies' should be turned OFF by default. 7) Poser has three forums, the Poser Forum, the Poser Technical Forum and the Python Forum. Posts that were OT were moved to the OT forum, posts that were copyright were moved to the copyright forum, but I have never seen a Python post moved to the Python Forum, or a technical post moved to the Poser Technical FOrum. I find that odd, but maybe that's just me. Is there really a need for those forums?