Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What is it you want exactly from the Poser Forum here at Renderosity?

Shoshanna opened this issue on Jun 15, 2004 ยท 95 posts

Shoshanna posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 12:09 AM

No matter what we do, there are always going to be people who perceive that the tos is not evenly enforced. We do our best to do so, but we don't always get it right. Because we do not discuss members personal circumstances in public, even if they post something completely untrue about a situation, we are not free to discuss or refute it. We have rules which we must follow, just as you have. Angry people are likely to post complaints about how they feel they have been treated. Once they have calmed down, they are very unlikely to post that they are now happy so you will always see more complaints than compliments. YES, of course we do make mistakes sometimes. Particularly when someone is new to being a coordinator (or moderator), they are going to be over eager to do the right thing and perhaps enforce things more strictly than is necessary. Just like some members misunderstand things, we do to. However if you contact the mod/coord who you feel has dealt with you unfairly by im or email and you put your point across reasonably you will get a response. It may be that we will find we made a mistake, or it may be that you then understand why we did what we did. If you take it to the forums, you will undermine your point and probably put our backs up. We do apologise when we realise we have made a mistake and we do our best to put things right. We are also not walking encyclopedias containing every bit of knowledge about every member of the entire Poser community across every single site. You may be annoyed that Member x is apparently getting away with posting about a merchant product from another site while you follow the rules, but we may not know that member is a merchant, or that merchants best friend or whatever. If you let us know, it gives us a chance to do something about it. Sometimes we need your help to make things fair for everyone. Handing out warnings is a pain in the backside, we'd much rather not do it. If you have received a warning, it will have been accompanied by a request to re-read the tos here. If you haven't already done so, that is a good time to make sure you do understand what it says. If you don't understand something about the tos or something doesn't make sense to you, contact us and ask. We are happy to explain. So, the more members communicate with us, the more misunderstandings we can clear up and the more even handed things will be. In case you weren't aware of it, there was a discussion in the community centre some time ago and it was agreed that if someone incurs a warning but then has not done so again for a long time (I think it was a year, but I'll have to go find the thread to be sure) they can request that their warning be reviewed and removed. Ultimately, this is a privately owned site and we have Terms of Service which members agree to abide by when they join. If you do not wish to abide by the tos and keep posting things we will not permit you will keep falling foul of it and you will end up banned. The tos is not going to be changed to a free for all. It is each individual members responsibility to govern themselves and not break the rules of the site. We will do our best to help you understand it, but after that, it's up to you. If you want to stay a member, follow the rules. If you don't want to do that, there are other excellent Poser sites with like minded people and different rules who will welcome you. The vast majority of members never receive warnings of any kind, but lets face it who wants to read a post called "Hey, I didn't receive a warning today"? It's always going to be the bad news you hear about, it makes more interesting reading. It has taken me so long to get this far, that I will have to leave the rest of this until later. I have to go to work now. I'll be back to answer the rest of this when I get home. Shanna :-)