Forum: Community Center

Subject: Maybe it's time to charge a membership fee

Dr Zik opened this issue on Oct 18, 2000 ยท 34 posts

Mehndi posted Thu, 19 October 2000 at 4:13 AM

Since I am getting wonderful things for absalutely FREE, I do not mind in the least if there are banners, even pop up ones encouraging me to also purchase. You see, that is how it goes, scratch my back, and I don't bite your hand off. Really, think about it. It is not much different than the things I thought through whilst deciding who I wished to beta test Saluda. I expect something back. I am not giving her away totally scott free for my health to the beta testers, though I would love it if also respect and friendship blossomed between myself and the testers I chose to invite, I want them to give me REAL feedback I can use to get her out there into the public. So, they get her for free, but not really. See? I want them to work her out, work hard for that free model :) Same with banner ads in a way. It is a way to sort of nudge us, and encourage us, and even generate some revenue perhaps if we do not go on and buy after being nudged. They do not bother me, small price to pay to get something free :)