Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What is it you want exactly from the Poser Forum here at Renderosity?

Shoshanna opened this issue on Jun 15, 2004 ยท 95 posts

Francemi posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 12:56 AM

I might have taken too much time to write my reply but I posted it 5 minutes ago and it still doesn't show up. I took the precaution of copying it into a textfile just in case so I am reposting it here. If it appears twice, I guess I'll be able to delete it? __________________________________________________ First of all, I have to say that I am fairly new to this forum (this community) and when I first started to visit, there was a kind of "war" going on. BUT it has calmed down in the first week I was here. Second, I hesitated before replying to this topic because I am new and inexperienced both in 3d world and in the kind of setup here at Renderosity. Then I figured that since I intend being here for a long time, I might as well put my two and a half CDN cents in this topic. ;o) So here are my answers to your questions: 1) Do you want to post off topic in here and if so why? Definitely YES. 2) Why do you think that is a good idea? Because I am not a Poser figure. I have feelings and I like people. Those OT should be clearly indicated in the subject line though. Must start with OT. Then members who don't want to read OT messages could just skip them. Better yet, as many others have stated, there should be an option to not show OT messages in our preferences. 3) Would you prefer there to be an off topic type forum instead? NO. This group of members (who participate in this forum) is fast becoming an extended family to me. When I want to discuss a specific topic with members of my family or with friends, I don't have to go to a special room to do so: a room to discuss computer related topics, a room to talk about my children, a third room to talk about pets, etc. But in my house, when I talk about something and there is one member of the family who is not interested in that topic, he/she is free to do something else and is not forced to listen to what I have to say. So I don't see why it should be different here. That is, IF we want this to be a real "community". 4) What is so terrible about following the tos when posting that leads some people to complain about it? I honestly don't know. If I ever don't follow the TOS, it will be because I don't understand that specific part of it since it is in English. Better not try to translate with an online translator either!!! lolll 5) What do you like about the forum? The kindness and the helpfulness of members and their tolerance towards newbies who ask questions they must have answered hundreds of times. 6) What do you like about Community page? Sorry to say I don't know what this is. ;o( 7) What do you like about Poser galleries? I like to visit the galleries because it is relaxing and inspiring. 8) What do you like about Poser Freestuff here? That's what brought me here for the first time and I still visit the "What's new" every day. 9) What don't you like? (about the items 5-8) The forum: I don't like it when someone ask a question and some members reply to their message with OT messages or just to comment on the habits of the person who asked the question. In other words, if you don't have a constructive answer to a specific question, nobody forces you to reply! Community page: as I said, I don't know what it is so I can't comment on it. Poser Galleries: the fact that we can't upload more than one image a day. It would be better, as someone else suggested, to allow a maximum per month. Sometimes, we are inspired and can create many scenes in one day and then we can be doing nothing worthwhile for a month! ;o) Poser Freestuff: There are too many broken links. Most of the items don't say precisely what it is for and what you need to use them. The "no picture because of nudity"... why is that? I thought we could use the option not to see nudity on Renderosity so if I don't use that option, it's probably because I don't mind seeing it. 10) What would you prefer we did differently? I think by asking our suggestions like you just did is a very good way of doing things. 11) How could we make the Poser forum a place where you would feel happier to be? I am happy already here. If I wasn't, I wouldn't come back. Again, by asking our comments and suggestions, you are already making it a happier place to be. ;o) 12) Would you like to see things like a featured freestuff provider of the month? Yes but I think it should be a random choice among all the freestuff provider, ie., not based on the number of downloads or the quality of the items offered or the "most wanted". This should not become a competition. If we, the newbies, don't upload any freebies because the stuff offered by more experienced or more talented members is way better than what we have to offer, in a few years, there wouldn't be any freestuff here. 13) Would you like to have a featured artist of the Month that you all vote for? Not site wide, just Poser based. Yes and no. My answer is the same as for number 12. 14)Or to have interviews with Poser challenge winners so you can get to know people a little better? That would be nice. You could also present interviews with the Featured Artist of the Month and the Featured Freestuff Provider of the Month. ______________________________ I apologize for the length of my reply but I have to use many words to convey my meaning in English. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies