Forum: Community Center

Subject: negative messages hurt..

Primal opened this issue on Jun 16, 2004 ยท 37 posts

tafkat posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 6:01 PM

Ardiva - that's not criticism, constructive or otherwise. If people can't take a well-meant comment then that's a reflection on them rather than the commenter. If someone put a gun to my head and said it's either "I can just picture..." or a bullet in the brain, I'd be forced to take the bullet. DragonWizard - please, stop whining. Personally, I'd pay good money to get decent constructive criticism on my artwork. If someone takes the time to give me advice, even if it's obviously wrong, I'm over the moon and I'll personally thank them. I cannot understand why people would want only comments that say "awesome" or "bitchrod, dude!" What's the point of it? It's nice to get good feedback, but if you're going to throw a hissy fit every time someone tries to be constructive then maybe it's better to disable comments and send yourself an email stating "I am an awesome artist" 100 times. It's that kind of attitude that makes people not want to give proper critiques, for fear of receiving an angry response in return, or one of your "nice" PMs (shakin in my boots), and that deprives a lot of people of the chance to learn from others and improve. Some time ago I used to give critiques to people and almost every time I got back a PM thanking me for taking the time to comment (I still have the PMs on my old account). I wouldn't bother now though, I'd likely get an earful from someone who already knows it all.