Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser's Interface: What to keep and what to change? (no gripin'...)

ynsaen opened this issue on Jun 18, 2004 ยท 50 posts

Francemi posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 1:11 AM

I am new to Poser but there are a few things I'd like to change (and if it is already there and I just don't know how to use it, please tell me!). In the material room, every time I enter the room the help file shows up on top of the document window. I tried to minimize it, save the file as the preferred state, no go. When I need to open a file, a PZ3, PZZ or any other kind of Poser files, I can't use the slider in the bottom bar. It either slides all the way to the left or all the way to the right. I have to actually CLICK on it to stop it approx. where I want to go. That never happened or happens to me with any other program. I would love to have a file explorer inside of Poser instead of having to launch and use 3d0Explorer. The dials in the parameter window are hard to use. If you try to roll them one way or the other with the mouse, you can't stop at the right place. And to have to go to the settings every time is time consuming and frustrating. And if the parameter you want to change happens to be at the bottom of the list, you have to use the mouse to slide the bar down in order to have access to its settings menu. The render in Material room should match the document window size of the pose room and not the one in material room. I'd like to be able to activate the compression for PZ3 (PZZ) and at the same time keep the non-compressed saving of libraries files. As it is, it is all or nothing. In my "preferred state", the parameter window is opened and set on the right of the document window. But every time I launch Poser, it doesn't show in the workspace until I click on it in the display menu. Then it will stay on for the rest of my Poser session. The colors saved in the palette: it would be nice if they stayed there for all documents until we change them. Instead of being attached to one document, they should be attached to the workspace. The instruction manual... hum! Maybe it would be a good idea to re-write it completely for Poser 6. First of all, you can't read a complete article on a specific topic without going back and forth from one page to the other. Why is it always referring us to another section of the book? If I want to read about the material room, for example, I would like to go to that chapter and find everything related to that room IN that chapter. And there are way too many shortcuts. (Like when someone very experienced in a certain subject is explaining to a beginner but because the "teacher" does lots of things automatically, he won't think of teaching all the steps to go from A to B. The manual takes for granted that all users are experienced and knowledgeable in 3d world... not true. The CONTENT room: I am still wondering why it is there. When I bought Poser 2 months ago, I tried to use the content room but it was unavailable. I wrote to CL about it and I was told that it didn't matter since I could get there via Internet and I didn't have to use the content room. So if we don't have to use it, why take all that space (and probably file size) in Poser? The thumbnails in the libraries could be larger. Sometimes I have to download a file to be able to really see what it looks like. I'd like for Poser to find the necessary files wherever they may be in the runtime folder. Have it search by filenames instead of folder names or hierarchy. That's all I can think of for now. Imagine if I had been using Poser for many years ;o) That said, I love Poser. You asked for our opinion and I gave it to you but I am not complaining, just writing down a kind of "wishlist". Thanks for reading this. P.S. Being new to Poser, I don't have any idea of who you are. Others seem to know but maybe I'm not the only one who doesn't so could you please introduce yourself (about your role in Poser creation or upgrade? France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies