Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser's Interface: What to keep and what to change? (no gripin'...)

ynsaen opened this issue on Jun 18, 2004 ยท 50 posts

Tyger_purr posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 2:22 AM

The things I feel most strongly about. Make poser look like a utility not a video game. User customizable fonts, text sizes and colors. User customizable dockable toolbars. Everything in the pull downs should have an equivalent in toolbar buttons and/or properties attributes (i.e. IK should show up in the properties, likewise for conform to and set figure parent and many more). Everything you can do to a figure or object should show up in the properties/parameters when you have that object selected and when you select nothing you should see the universal parameters (background color, shadows on/off, shadow color, tracking style, document display style, etc) There needs to be an easier way to switch between objects. Picking visually with the mouse has limitations and the menu at the bottom of the document window is a cumbersome method of selecting objects. The hierarchy editor works nicely but takes up a lot of space (needs to more resizable.) add more jump to presets to cameras (currently there is the left and right hand and face camera) I'd like to see almost all the cameras represented. Library could use some serious navigation aids, but i don't have much more time before i fall asleep, so I'll leave it at this much.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries