Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser's Interface: What to keep and what to change? (no gripin'...)

ynsaen opened this issue on Jun 18, 2004 ยท 50 posts

Ajax posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 7:54 AM

I'd really like to see much better screen real estate management. The preview window should be given priority for screen real estate and everything else should be designed to leave as much room for the preview window as possible. The room tabs up the top should go and just be replaced by a menu (and some easy hot keys). All of those space hogging round buttons should be replaced by small closely packed square buttons that you can push off to one side. I'd like to see the whole thing have a more standard windows button bar approach - right down to letting me choose which buttons I want on my toolbars so I don't have to display the ones I never use. Any dialogue should remember the options I used last time. I shouldn't have to select my export options from scratch every time I export an obj for example. I agree with all that stuff Les Bently said. I think the floating paramter dials palette should have a little pair of buttons to collapse it to a heading bar and then open it again. It's the most important part of the interface after the preview window, so why is the hotkey for it a three key combo? It should be something really easy, like spacebar for example. In the material room, I'd like the previews to allow me to select different styles - preview material on sphere/cube/actual object etc. The ability to zoom in or out on the material would also be good. For many shaders, I can't tell anything from the preview because the action in my shader is happening outside the very small area the preview shows me. If I could zoom out and pan, I would be able to see what my shader is doing. Also, in many cases the preview is actually upside down. That should be fixed. Also, I'd like to see Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X and Ctrl+A implemented in the material room. Having to go through the pop-up menu every time I want those functions is just one more thing that slows me down.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message