Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: OT Artist dies

vggarcia opened this issue on Jun 18, 2004 ยท 116 posts

markschum posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 3:08 PM

condolences to the family. If the man was ill and refused to see a doctor, well that was his choice, he may have had reasons unknown to anyone else. But it is rough on the survivors. Re: products in store and Paypal. Any assetts become part of his estate. The appointed executor has the responsibility of identifying those assetts and ensuring the collection and distribution of them to his heirs (if any). If he kept reasonable records all bank accounts, insurance policies etc are fairly readily identified. The best action to take (in my opinion) is NOT to make changes, particularly since he can't authorise them. By all means the people who administer the store should perhaps ensure account information is made available TO THE EXECUTOR AFTER PROPER IDENTIFICATION. I am sure that the store operators are able to get good legal advice on the contract issues. There is no reason why his products could not continue to be sold - as long as they are inherited by someone. They do NOT become public domain in any case for some years after death - I don't know the time for this type of product.