Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: OT Artist dies

vggarcia opened this issue on Jun 18, 2004 ยท 116 posts

vggarcia posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 3:10 PM

I am truly moved by the host of condolences that have been posted here for Billy. I think he would be humbled and shocked to know how many people cared about him. He was often a pain, and you either loved him or hated him, but as someone correctly pointed out, you would be hard pressed to find a more generous guy despite his flaws. I had a dream last night in which he came to me and said he was ok, and I hope that's the case. Things will just never be the same for me, anyway, and I am grateful to see how much his life impacted the people here, so many of which he enjoyed interacting with, and whose talents he admired (especially Lynn's). Post 87 had a wonderful idea that I also thought of. Maybe someone here who has all his houses (like Lynn) can post them for Billy and get the money to his family since obviously billy can no longer send the artwork to any buyers. If any of you want to do this I'll try to get the address of his aunt and cousin so a check or something cen be endorsed over to them. Not sure how Renderosity would view doing this, but I can tell you no one left in his family is online and would have any interest or understanding of what to do with his art here, so anyone who knew him that would like to do this for him would be doing his family a favor. Billy wouldn't mind. Please also keep his online GF in your prayers. She's been in the process of moving and may have been offline, and she's going to find out about this by opening her email and seeing a note from me, telling her Billy died yesterday. I know it'll hit her like a hammer in the face, but I had no other way to tell her. I especially want to say thanx to Lynn for all she did for him. He never stopped expressing his admiration for her textures, and I know he hoped to do many more projects with her