Forum: Community Center

Subject: negative messages hurt..

Primal opened this issue on Jun 16, 2004 ยท 37 posts

Djeser posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 5:40 AM

I guess the differences really are between negative and constructive comments. There is no reason to be negative and rude...best to not say anything at all. And I kinda feel, who am I to criticize someone's stuff? I know mine isn't that great. I often find glaring errors in my images when I go back later to look at comments. The people who have given me constructive feedback, who I respect the most, have IMd or emailed me with their commentary, and haven't used real negative language. The "good job" etc comments have encouraged me to try harder, and since I do this a a hobby (no professional art training, no desire to do this as an "artist" so-to-speak), for pure enjoyment and stress relief, they help me to feel a bit good about my efforts, amateurish as they are. I also try to find something positive to say in any comments I make. Why should I tell someone to redo their image the way I would have done it? (lighting, etc) That person did their own thing, hopefully enjoyed themselves while doing it. There are a few folks here at Rendero (I have one in particular in mind) that take great personal pleasure in snide, snotty comments that don't go outside the TOS, but I always consider the source and quite frankly, unless it's a bona-fide troll (who I report directly to moderators and admin), I just laugh at the pathetic effort to make oneself feel better by trying to put someone else down. Didn't mean to write a book...

Sgiathalaich