Forum: Community Center

Subject: negative messages hurt..

Primal opened this issue on Jun 16, 2004 ยท 37 posts

fretshredder posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 4:29 PM

Attached Link: http://forums.garyzullo.com

*"Ever consider that Mr.Grumpypants might just be telling you (or your friend) the ugly truth... the amount of crap that gets glowing appraisal from all of the sycophants who visit Renderosity is unbelievable. The word AWESOME is the most abused on this website!!!"*

agreed, with caveats. I agree that there is just an overabundance of "crap", as you put it, that gets a glowing raving review, makes the hot20, etc. If you are going to tell someone that what they have posted sucks at least be able to site specific examples as to why. Saying it sucks is inflammatory while saying it sucks because the hot pink mountain looks rediculous at least appears constructive.

Not everyone needs their buttocks kissed to feel like one of the group. I personally would prefer honesty to buttkissing. I am part of a minority here I think in that everyone is too sensitive.

One last thing...not everyone can be all things. being honest can sometimes be the nicest thing you can do for another person. If I suck at something after 3 years of trying it...it might be time to move on.

These are of course just my views, they are not meant to start a flamewar, or insult anyone.

edited for typos (stupid typo monster)

/gz/ Message edited on: 06/21/2004 16:30

Message edited on: 06/21/2004 16:31