Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: How is Daz Studio better than Poser?

notefinger opened this issue on Jun 20, 2004 ยท 76 posts

ynsaen posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 6:38 PM

your response doesn't answer the question though. It only makes note of the fact that D|S is free. A list of features that outlines why D|S is prefereable to Poser in common usage is what is being sought. Spending nothing might be painless, but you do get what you pay for. Pay for nothing, you get about that in return (using your same benefit). I, too, am curious what the percieved value of D|S over Poser might be -- and telling me it's free doesn't do diddly squat. I've had some free software that made some pretty spectacular claims before but hosed my system, and I've had the same with software that cost me a fortune -- the difference was that when I paid for the software I had someone to yell at to get the problems fixed. The free software response was "hey, it was free -- what are you bitching about?". So, how is DAZ Studio better than Poser?

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)