Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser's Interface: What to keep and what to change? (no gripin'...)

ynsaen opened this issue on Jun 18, 2004 ยท 50 posts

diolma posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 3:30 PM

Hope this doesn't count as a gripe (and it may be covered in the voluminious material above), but... When a dialogue box appears (eg "Delete the current object? [yes] [no]"), would it be possible to make it modal (ie, the dialogue takes over from the main program and accepts all input, whether from mouse or keyboard)? The number of times I've hit "return" to accept the default -- and set off the animation instead! This would also get over the niggle of having to hit the "Yes, I really do want to quit w/o saving" twice - once to transfer the focus from the main prog to the dialogue, second hit to say "yes". And a number of similar dialogues that currently behave in the same way.. In fact, making ALL the dialogue boxes consistent would be a great help (it took me AGES to work out how to close the animation editor, and it's still fiddly). It might (probably would) get over several other niggles, such as the way that the slider arrows in the file selection (browse) dialogue suddenly take on a life of their own and go whizzing to the end of the list, and that hitting "exit" on a dialogue can very often close the library palette ('cos the main prog got the hit too - but interpreted it as a hit on the background), .. the list goes on. Please, this isn't a rant (or even a gripe), it's a plea for an interface change! Cheers, Diolma