Forum: Vue

Subject: Secret Girl's Business

Sacred Rose opened this issue on Oct 19, 2000 ยท 19 posts

MikeJ posted Sat, 21 October 2000 at 1:41 PM

Bloodsong, I hate to be OT and all, but I guess I can get away with it now! :P Only kidding..... Anyway, I've kinda temporarily lost interest in Rhino, because all of a sudden, I'm like totally into Vue, messing around with the functions and transparencies, and all that good stuff. :) I just discovered there seems to be no limit to the number of Vue materials that can be mixed, and therefore, there seems to be no limit to the number of potential materials! :) I also used Rhino to make a rather large (120 characters) 3D text, which I saved as .3ds, hoping for a small file size, with the intent of using it in a Vue pic. My 600 mhz Athlon powered Compaq took about 20 minutes to save this file from Rhino, at about 25% more polygons than normal. It became a 53 MB 3DS file when it was through. I tried to import it into Vue, but after waiting nearly half an hour, my PC crashed HARD. CFTRL+ALT+DEL didn't do anything, and I simply had to turn it off and back on again. Then I tried again, with the same result. So, I wasted a Rhino Demo save, but I think I found Vue's limit? Dammit, I KNEW I shoulda used Amorphium for 3D text! So, people, what's the largest 3D object, MB-wise, that you've been able to drag into Vue? Cheers :) Mike PS I shouldn't say I've lost interest in Rhino, but rather, I've put it on the backburner for now...but I will try the toots, bloodsong; thanks for letting me know! :)