Forum: Writers

Subject: Future challenges

GonWaki opened this issue on Jun 20, 2004 ยท 8 posts

TheAlex posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 7:50 PM

Your opinion is worth a lot! From what I've seen you participate in Challenges even if you don't enter them so your vote is as worthy (if not more!) as anyone elses. I agree with the points made; about using images from other Challenges, though in some cases it may not be viable to say "oh, we'll use the winner of that contest" as at times images may not be suitable, or the creator may not want to enter an image in the original contest if it's to be used here. Where do the supplied images usually come from? Perhaps the winner each month could choose the winner from one of the other challenges (Fractal, Bryce...) to base the contest on. I also think it would be good to mix it up each month, perhaps one month try a contest without any images and see how it goes, use images from different sources etc... I do like the current format of the contest though, so perhaps only a little tinkering. Who knows, if I win one day, I may be able to use one of my own images to (try and) inspire you all! ;)