Forum: Bryce

Subject: Daz plugin - boring already, my life.

Phantast opened this issue on Jun 24, 2004 ยท 52 posts

scotttucker3d posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 11:36 PM

My main point is right along the lines of what AS said - they are heading toward Bryce6 and they are very good at coding because they cooked up that plug really fast. Metacreations owned Poser, Bryce Painter, Detailer (Painter 3d), Raydream, Infini-D, Kai's Power tools, and Metastream - and in the 3 or so years they had all these apps the best they could do was create a Poser plugin for Raydream and Detailer. When all these apps merged and became Metatools and then Metacreations the number two request was being able to import Poser files into Bryce and all those other 3d apps. Number one was getting animation into Bryce and that is still an unfinished symphony. SO whether you like Poser or not there has always been a big demand for this capability in Bryce. Why kill DAZ for delivering on something that Meta NEVER delivered on. IF you don't like Poser, see it as a potential gateway to Bryce6. They finally made use of that damn plug-in architecture. I am gonna be optimistic on this (like AS is) and hope this means they have the programming talent to deliver a lot more. I'm focusing on Bryce6 too. Right now DAZ is just taking stock of what they have and it is up to us to tell them what it is we want out of Bryce6. Also - they are not Brain-dead - they know the Bryce installed base is large and they want us to buy Bryce6. Sure - they will use it to help sell DAZ merchandise so the plug is a no-brainer. My hat is off to them for not waiting until the release of Bryce6 and calling this a feature. That leaves room for real features that would make it deserve a new version number. Hopefully things like HDRI and all our usual suspects. Tell them what you want - at least they are listening. Scott