Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ buys Bryce....ROFLIMAO

Armorbeast opened this issue on Jun 23, 2004 ยท 47 posts

ynsaen posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 12:56 AM

Ernyoka -- you'll love the treelab, hon :) Steph is different enough from V3 that she is a different figure. The only thing they have in common is the base mesh used to create them and the UVMapping. The point of the statement, however, was that ultimately, since it is the same mesh, the Steph figure is effectively a morph of the original, and that the price paid is considered excessive. It's a point of differentiation on marketing, not capabilities. "DAZ isn't in the field of producing this type of technology" actually, they have been for some time. The first program they acquired was Mimic. I still have the orgiinal version. They've not only improved it, they've completely remade the application. That's pretty damned good. This addresses other elements as well. You make a point of indicating that folks don't know who it is behind DAZ. Which means that people are making estimations based on incomplete data. If you don't know who is doing something, and you don't have a basic knowledge of them as individuals, you cannot effectively address the issues that surround them. DAZ isn't going to be much larger than 25 people tops, hon. Maybe 30 if they have a really good year this year. It's not even a decade old as a company. It's still VERY much driven by the prinicipals. That's still a larger company than Curious Labs, however. They do have the manpower to do what they describe, and overall, while they have made some verbal errors (they are people as well, and the Poser community tends to be a bit, um, nasty), they have yet to make any really serious business ones. Seriously. Find a poor business decision. Not an Opinon of a poor decision, but one in actuality -- ie, it cost them greatly. Single product "problems" like sr's for figures do not qualify as poor business decisions. Just poor design of the figure. ;) "The point I made about Sega is that people kept warning that they shouldn't do it because they didn't know what they were doing (and several failed game consoles were proof lol)...in the end,it was we who bought that damned Dreamcast and everything that came with it that got screwed when they stopped supporting it-the trick is that if this doesn't work for DAZ they will cut their losses just like Sega and it is we who buy this garbage from them that will lose what we've invested in." This is a risk of being consumers. Circular, AB, circular... shame shame (lol) "People know DAZ which is why they're skeptical...people know DAZ which is why they think they're greedy...people know DAZ which is why they think they're incompetent!!" no. They percieve DAZ that way. Knowledge of DAZ requires working for them. The public perception argument isn't valid -- malcontents exist for every business. DAZ still sells in one day more products than all the other major content providers combined. That's an enormous amount of clout, and until that perception reaches a critical mass that's great enough to affect those sales, it's negligible. "Lets just hope enough smart ass comments like mine might motivate them-support them and you're guaranteed they'll screw things up because they think they know what they're doing and don't!Get on their ass big time,call them names,point out every mistake...even ridicule them if need be but don't just accept what they're doing or they think you approve!" Good rallying cry ;) Strong touch of populist "stick it to the Man". I like it. a bit too pessimistic for me, but still very good.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)