Forum: Bryce

Subject: Daz plugin - boring already, my life.

Phantast opened this issue on Jun 24, 2004 ยท 52 posts

thememistress posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 4:36 AM

I have only one complaint.. I thought this plug-in would be a great idea.. Untill I read that you have to import your poser file to DazStudio then to Bryce.. Since I can't use DazStudio.. But no one can tell me why.. I have dabbled in Bryce for a while.. I'm not great in it but I love to make Wallpapers so I got Bryce and started practicing and made some decent pictures. Then I decided I wanted to put people in them.. So I got poser 4. Then poser 4 pro.. Then Poser 5 I have used lightwave.. But I always go back to Bryce.. My only gripe has been when I do pose a Vicky or Mike or The Dragon. (I'm into Fantasy pictures.) I'ts a pain and time consuming when I import it into Bryce.. Going through all the meshes and setting up the textures and trasmaps.. But I guess we all do it.. So Today I read the bit about the Plug-in.. Then found out I needed DazStudio.. Well I've downloaded and tried out 3 different versions.. And every time they start up get to the first window and crash.. I reported it to Daz.. Over and over. Asked for help.. Reported it as a bug.. All anyone at Daz can tell me is try and get a new video driver.. Well my video card has the latest driver.. My computer is only 11 months old.. And I've checked and there was only one update to the video driver which I got. Daz says it may be some wierd thing, like a video driver conflict and they can't help me.. Why can I run Bryce. Poser, Lightwave and every thing else?? Am I the only with a Compaq presario computer trying to run DaZ Studio.. They really were no help at all And just had no suggestions of anything to try..... So I guess I will not be purchasing there Bryce plug-in.. All I can hope for is they make a new version of Bryce alone that I can purchase and use..