Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 6 #3: The Library & Figure Set Up -- (no gripin) Your Thoughts

ynsaen opened this issue on Jun 25, 2004 ยท 28 posts

Aeneas posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 6:55 AM

I agree with SamTherapy and quinlor that a customisable library would indeed be great. It would solve a lot of problems to find the items that came with a certain package if all were in one folder. Otoh, I don't exactly like the idea of putting pose files in face folders as a fc2 is overwritten by any pz2 that is applied later on. So I was told to simply change the extension back to pz2 and put them in the Pose folder. If indeed it is simply a question of extension, it cannot be that hard to mix them together... Most items you can buy can come with things that can be left where they are (like camera settings, light sets, poses...), and some that should be together like texture MATs, mesh-shaping MATs, props, (some props go in character now)... It is confusing to find eyes in props, and then also somewhere else, or hair in character and its textures in the Pose folder etc etc... In my opinion, it wouldbe easier and for a starting Poser user and a high-end one to get all hair in a hair folder, even if it has a character extension. It would indeed also be great if it were possible to add folders like "eyes", "architecture", "sets"(for example "Egypt", "SciFi", "Indoor"), Animals, Creatures,... Renaming should not be that difficult: Poser uses xml, and any webpage has a name, and a title. Make that title renameable, provide a good set to begin with, and the library can become much more handy to work with. Internally, the name of the page is used.

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)