Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Biting the hand that feeds you: Question for DAZ Brokers

ynsaen opened this issue on Jun 23, 2004 ยท 62 posts

Dale B posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 6:58 AM

Yeah, I'm finding more and more of my funds are going into things like Transpond's scenery and sets. The dynamic cloth is definitely the way to go (just be sure to get Nerd's bootie and mitten freebies; they really help with the issue of those fine polys in the hands and feet snagging the cloth mesh). Never mind the fact that I can take a sexy nightie for V3, adjust the X-Y-Z scaling a tad, and fit it on any Vickie, any Stephanie, any -Mike-, Natalia, Dina, Mayadoll, etc, etc. Conforming clothes still have their place, but dynamics has a much greater potential flexibility. And that doesn't get into things like being able to drape a dress over a rock in a scene, have a skirt lying about a fallen figure, a cloak actually blowing and billowing realistically in the wind...and not like everyone else's 'blowing and billowing'.... We really need dynamic cloth guru, like Syyd and Trav and Nerd and etc were back when we were using Poser while huddled over our fires, chewing on old mastadon. Combining the conforming and the dynamic could result in the best of both worlds (and with less time for sim running).