Forum: Community Center

Subject: Happy Pride Day

SeanMartin opened this issue on Jun 24, 2004 ยท 39 posts

xoconostle posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 10:02 PM

Sorry, but that's not the case xenophonz, I doubt if anyone will fall for that. I have not attacked your identity, your religion, your artwork, or anything that could be construed as terribly personal with the possible exception of the disrepect that you show for others. You are making patently false assertions about other people which are offensive (or just plain silly) to those people. I keep my mouth shut about most of the nonsense I see in the forums but not always. :-) I regret any appearance of personal attack because that's honestly not my intention. As you know you and I have been in agreement many times in various forums. I wouldn't bother if I thought you were without intelligence. I hope the thread will not be locked because some of what's being hashed out in this thread is worth hashing out. I do try to respect the rules around here and certainly those who enforce them, but sometimes a guy's gotta stand up for what's right. Attacks on the religious beliefs of others are not right, not good netizenship. Same is true of false assertions about the identities of others. If you're not gay, you do not speak for gay people, period. When I said you don't know what you're talking about, that's what I meant. The assertions that being gay is ONLY about behavior and is a choice is indeed false, at best, a matter of being uninformed, at worst, a hateful lie. This isn't a matter of opinion or political convictions. It's about the human realities, whether those who disapprove of homosexuality or who misunderstand it can deal with that or not.