Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Last P6 Question: User Levels (no gripin)

ynsaen opened this issue on Jun 27, 2004 ยท 43 posts

Ajax posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 6:06 PM

I don't like the idea of having different levels. It was bad enough with Pro Pack and P4. Poser is unlike any other 3D program in that it thrives on the content market. People want it because they can get all this cool content for it without having to make it themselves. Different versions means that some of the content can't be used in your version, or it's been dumbed down to be used in the other version and isn't taking advantage of the features in your version. Content makers have to put in extra resources to produce different versions of a product for each version of the program. For freestuff makers that means they don't make as much, or they only support the version they have. For vendors it means prices go up. Either way, it's bad for the consumer. I like to see everybody using the same program. That said, I'd really like ways to turn off the bits you don't use. It seems just about everybody has at least one room they never use and don't think they ever will. I hate the way those things clutter up my screen real estate and sit there waiting for me to click on them accidentally.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message