Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: How is Daz Studio better than Poser?

notefinger opened this issue on Jun 20, 2004 ยท 76 posts

ynsaen posted Mon, 28 June 2004 at 6:52 AM

Well, I shan't be buying anything that I can already do in P5 myself unless D|S happens to do it better, and with my existing content as it is and with the options that I have already set up as they are. Unless something phenomenal occurrs, I don't anticipate "switching" from Poser to the core D|S. That's simply the most unlikely scenario for anyone currently using Poser. The plug-ins may make some folks change over, but only a few. D|S will absolutely come with content. The bulk of the major alpha and Beta releases thus far have always come with content. secured and time limited content, but content nevertheless. How much content will be the big question (dont expect a lot of stuff you don't already have) and how portable that content will be outside of D|S will be the questions that are asked at the time. However, that said, when you are starting out from scratch, you gotta have something! lol Otherwise you'll get sorta, well, discouraged.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)