Forum: Vue

Subject: Newbie question

fuzzoom opened this issue on Jul 02, 2004 ยท 14 posts

thomllama posted Fri, 02 July 2004 at 9:04 PM

hmmm well I got to say I had LOTS of troubles with Vue at first, and it took me some time to get it resonably stable, Lots of trial and error turning things of and on till it wouldn't crash/lock up. was it worth it... sorta. Vue is great as a veg/landscape program. nothing I have seen to rival it. perticulairly in the price range There is very little doubt that all my troubles were caused by Vue's anti-piracy system and I had to go through a lot of frustration because of thier worring about Piracy. that said... I'd say if you are looking for a good landscape program.. GO FOR IT!!! as long as you're willing to take a few precautions!! 1. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND wiping your drive (with 1/0 overwrite) and re-install system software before installing Vue (this is what I had to do to get it to stop thinking it was a stolen copy) 2. Turn OpenGL off right from the start, turn it on later when you're familiar with Vue so if it starts bugging you'll know why!! 3. make sure all your video drivers are fresh installs and current (Nvidia or ATI) 4. Update Vue to the most current version RIGHT OFF... (at least on Mac.. not sure on Wintel systems what's working these days) 5. get familiar with E-on's web site and thier help system that should do it I believe.. oh ya,.. and come here often.. everyone here is very helpful!!

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup.