Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: new science fiction and anime weapon. the G10GA shotgunpistol

swfreeman opened this issue on Jul 06, 2004 ยท 28 posts

swfreeman posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 9:06 AM

Phil, all this is mentioned in the readme file.

the bumpmaps are not in the zip because the filesize would increase more than 100 megabytes, thats why i removed them from the download.
but i have addet the bump maps as jpg file, so the size is much smaller.you just have to convert the jpgs. (readme)

the slide got 2 bumps because i could not deceide wich one looks better :p
just use one of them you like more.
not the whole weapon is bumpmapped. grooves in small details of the weapon are actually modelled and dont have to be bumpmapped.

:D
i hope this explains some of your questions

heres the readme file: 10GA Multi purpose PDW by SWFREEMAN 2004 (All of this product's content was created by SWFreeman) Author: Martin Haeussler aka Swfreeman email: Martinhaeussler@Hotmail.com you can find the model in your characters library-tab called !G10GA. but please read the tipps on the end of the document first (^_^) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- File list: ---------- RuntimetexturesSynthetic Reality gunframe.jpg gunframebu.jpg hammer.jpg magazine.jpg magazinebump.jpg shell.jpg shellbump.jpg slide.jpg slidebump.jpg slidebumpmap.jpg trigger safety.jpg trigger.jpg Runtimelibrariescharacter!G10GA fullmag.cr2 fullmag.rsr fullshell.cr2 fullshell.rsr g10ga.cr2 g10ga.rsr Installation: ------------- just unzip the files into your /poser4 directory Folder list: RuntimetexturesSynthetic Reality Runtimelibrariescharacter!G10GA Usage Tips/Limitations: ----------------------- you can find the model in your characters library-tab called !G10GA . the bumpmaps have to be converted from *.jpg to *.bum. ive removed the *.bum files because of their filesize (more than 100 mb) but ive addet the original source files of the bumpmaps as *.jpg files you can restore them easily (RuntimetexturesSynthetic Reality). they are way smaller than *.bum files because of the compression of *.jpg files. the bumpmap files are called : gunframebu.jpg the bumpmap for the frame of the gun magazinebump.jpg the magazine bumpmap shellbump.jpg the bumpmap for the shotgun shell slidebumpmap.jpg this one is for the slide (there are 2 slide bumpmaps. use the one you like more) slidebump.jpg the second bumpmap for the slide but how to convert these jpg files to *.bum? thats easy. poser can do that itself. it asks when you add the pistol to the scene for the *.bum files. skip this step, and enter the material editor. for example: select the gunframe , and load in the bumpmap tab the gunframebu.jpg. (bumpmaps on the gunframe are important for the wooden parts. the wood materials are called grip and guard) this way you can restore all bumpmaps for every part of the weapon. when you have bumpmapped the gun you can re-add the weapon to your library. by clicking the "+" icon. you can find the model in your characters library-tab called !G10GA . --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- for rescaling the figure or just the full magazine select the whole body or some parts will dislocate. if you use the product the first time enable limits, and try some of the dials to see how the figure should work. the trigger mechanism is very nice. first you have to flip the triggersafety down, this unlocks the trigger :p for questions just email me: martinhaeussler@hotmail.com thank you for purchasing

Message edited on: 07/06/2004 09:12