Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So how many use dynamic clothing?

iamonk opened this issue on Jul 07, 2004 ยท 30 posts

Dale B posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 6:41 AM

Me Me Me! I do animations, and use VuePro for my renderer much of the time, and frankly you can not beat it for effect, both in animation and in stills. P5 seems to have finally passed the threshhold; you are seeing more and more usages of Don and Judy (with some excellent looks after a little elbow grease...kinda like it was with Posette and V1), and more interest in the material room and the cloth room, which is why there is finally more information coming out about them. From my observations you need a gig of good ram and a fast processor...but you would need that anyway. The cloth room is based on Stitch, a dynamic plugin for the big boys, and -it- is a memory hog and time gobbler(cloth dynamics doesn't just bring Poser to its knees; it can do it to =all= graphics apps, no matter how capable). But if you look at all that is occuring during a drape and short 30 frame 'move from zero pose to chosen pose' it actually is a fast process -for the result-. If the character spins as they move to their final resting pose, you get torsion in the cloth due to the implied physics in the code. You have self collisions to test for as well as anything else in the scene you have flagged as a collider. There's a learning curve to it, no two ways, but you get effects no conforming figure can match, at least without several dozen customized morphs and the time involved to tweak them. And think about -keyframing- all of that 600 times for a 20 second animation.... (eyes water in sympathetic reaction...)