Forum: Writers

Subject: Military Reenactments..my simple thoughts.

TomDart opened this issue on Jun 29, 2004 ยท 18 posts

TomDart posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 9:50 PM

The "pool" of Siloam(not the tower that fell) is famous in scripture from the Christian view as the place of healing of the blind man when he washed his eyes. This is in John 9. Much of the history is not noticed but this event is remembered. Well, with fear of Assyrian attack, the pool was built by Hezekiah(The pool does exist, I believe, to this day.) So, first a source of water for a city under possible siege many centuries before...then a peace and healing. tallpindo, your thought is deeper than first obvious and telling. Thanks for this reference. Quite a "ps" when looking at all of it. Avalon..those who continue to fight these wars need more to do and changed hearts, perhaps. I am a from the south of the USA. I do not fight this Civil War again. And, I do not look for "payment" for past injustices as some do from the government who "freed" ancestors into an unfree society. The enslaving government does not exist; it lost the war. I was standing at a monument at the Gettysburg National Park with the name of my original "hometown" as a neat coincidence. There, I heard one of the locals make a rather profane racial comment. I thought...oops, this guy needs to get his heart in gear before opening his mouth. That has no part in my life and to profane the dead is even more dispicable; where they might have fallen is not the subject any more than their ethnic backgrounds. War is world wide in history. Still, the dead are dead for causes sometime proven just and other times simply stupid. God Bless. TomDart.