Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Thoughts on "The Dress"...

soulhuntre opened this issue on Jul 12, 2004 ยท 23 posts

philebus posted Tue, 13 July 2004 at 3:55 PM

It seems like a sound financial choice on DAZs behalf. Firstly, there are a huge number of low power machines out there, only capable of running Poser 4, if they want to maximise their sales then it makes better sense to support P4. Secondly, the original choice not to support P5 goes back to some copywright ambiguities regarding material created for P5. Somehow there was a concern that Curious Labs could potentially claim some rights to it! Thirdly, as has already been mentioned, DAZ is setting itself up in competition with Curious Labs with regard to both Poser 5 and the forthcoming Poser 6. They're not going to be too keen on making those programs more attractive than their own by giving them all best content! It has been mentioned that Poser 4 users would not really be missing out on The Dress, as their machines would not be able to handle something with that many morphs. Well, I've a PII 350mhz with 128RAM and I manage 3rd Generation figures just fine, thanks to morph injection. I manage the morph heavy clothes better by creating morph injections and light cr2s for them using Injection Magic - which I've discovered is quite easy! I'm now stripping V2 down for morph injection also.