Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Thoughts on "The Dress"...

soulhuntre opened this issue on Jul 12, 2004 ยท 23 posts

randym77 posted Wed, 14 July 2004 at 5:29 AM

The more I get to understand P5, the more frustrated I get with DAZ's refusal to support it. And let's face it, DAZ is an 800 pound gorilla in Poserland. If they started offering Poser 5 MATs and dynamic clothing, a lot more people would become aware of their advantages, and a lot of other merchants would start offering them, too. As it is, most P5 users don't even realize that PP MATs don't work correctly in P5.

And I think it hurts DAZ, too. I used to tell people not to bother with the DAZ textures, they were too expensive and didn't look very good. Well, they didn't look that great because I was applying them with DAZ's PP MAT files. Properly applied, they look great. But how is a newbie ever going to figure that out? And most newbies these days use P5.

Anyways...I've been trying to clothify Steph's morphing fantasy dress, with no luck. I think it intersects her body somewhere. And with those long, close-fitting sleeves, I really can't use my usual trick of scaling up the dress. Maybe I should clothify just the skirt? And what settings should I use when exporting? Anyone have a tutorial for this?