Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What do you hate more about Poser?

aodor opened this issue on Jul 14, 2004 ยท 44 posts

FishNose posted Wed, 14 July 2004 at 5:54 PM

1. Extremely primitive "Open" window - Win98 style. Or even Win95. And it 'sticks and runs' when I scroll in it - drives me mad! Has been doing this since P3! Or even P2, I forget. 2. Saving a render with wrong suffix by mistake gets you thrown into deep space. 3. Missing texs and bumps (incorrect ref) do that too. 4. Disastrous freezes sometimes when trying to render a SINGLE figure with clothes, hair and hires texs and some props - on a 1GB system! Ridiculous. 5. Primitive lights. 6. No multiple undo. 7. No 'recent files' or similar. 8. P5 forgets every time where I want to save my renders - I have to go all the way to the right folder every time, during same session. 9. Popup windows can disappear behind the interface, giving appearance of a hang. 10. If you click on a dial the 'focus' is lost from the preview window. This was NOT the case in P4 but it is in P5. Extremely irritating. 11. Default is IK on. Should be a switch for this in Preferences. I HATE IK on!!!!! 12. 'Compress files' in Prefs is general - but I want it ON for pzz's and OFF for everything else. So I have to go in there and switch it off and on and off and on and... 13. 'Figure Circle' is always on, I want it OFF! 14. I can hide a single figure, but only un-hide all of them at once - if I have 7 figures hidden and I want 1 back, I have to un-hide all of them and re-hide 6. Huh!!?? 15. Lights must be deleted one at a time. I know there's 3rd party python for delete all lights, but it should be built in. Basic. 16. Why must Poser read the whole Runtime when it starts up? Quite unnecessary. And why does it take 30 seconds to wake up sometimes when I click in the Libraries to get the folder listings? 17. It's impossible to save a pose file with Body values - that is SO ridiculous!! And how about saving scaling values in general if I want to? 18. MAT files should have their own Library instead of being mixed up with other poses. Hands and faces can have their entries, so.... And that list was just off the top of my head, real quick. But I still adore Poser, you couldn't get it loose with a crowbar even. Or death threats. :] Fish