Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What do you hate more about Poser?

aodor opened this issue on Jul 14, 2004 ยท 44 posts

JHoagland posted Wed, 14 July 2004 at 6:50 PM

I saw this mentioned somewhere else, but it's a major peeve (applies to all versions of Poser): Accidentally applying a pose to clothing... AFTER you've spent 20 minutes adjusting the dials... and just because you forgot to switch figures. If the currently-selected figure is conformed to another figure, Poser should apply the pose to the conformed-to figure, rather than the selected figure. That way, you can select any piece of clothing, apply a pose, and Vicky changes poses, NOT the clothing. And, like a previous poster mentioned- correct support for a tablet. Poser is WAY too sensitive: I move the pen slightly and the figure goes flying across the screen. Conversely, if the image is complicated, the tablet will stop working after the image is rendered. I have to move the mouse to get the pen to work again. Delete All Lights: This should definitely be a basic option. Yes, there is a Python script that works great with Pro Pack and P5, but there is no such option for P4. And who thought it was a good idea to add lights when you apply a new light set to the scene? If you apply a few of them, you now have tons of turned-off lights in your scene! Applying a light set from the Library should clear the existing lights then add the new ones. Pop-up dialog boxes: These "disappear" and "lose focus" because CL refuses to use standard Windows dialog boxes. If a box asks you "Do you want to save?" you shouldn't be able to hit Enter and watch the document window change to "box" mode! And the boxes should use standard questions and answers: "Your document has changed. Do you want to save it? Yes No Cancel" NOT "You have changed the document that you were working on. Do you want to save it now? Don't Save Save Cancel" (Um, where is the usual "Yes" button, that we've grown accustomed to, for the past 20 years?) Poser 5: Most keyboard "shortcuts" stil DO NOT WORK when you are on the parameter dials palette. I applied the latest patch (version 5.04, patch #3,234 or some such) and Ctrl-T WILL NOT switch to the Top Camera unless I click on the background and "give focus" back to Poser. I complained about this when Poser 5 first came out (posting a message here and sending an e-mail to CL tech support), yet it's still not fixed. --John

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions