Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Excessive and hypocritical censorship

DavidDeyo opened this issue on Jul 14, 2004 ยท 44 posts

DavidDeyo posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 7:17 AM

ScottA I take exception to the charge that I am somehow doing something inappropriate by voicing my concerns in the forum. While you may not like the fact that I disagree with action that I consider heavy-handed, your rather unprofessional response to my original post in no way deals with the substance of my concerns on the merits. Instead, a former "employee" elects to try and turn this into a personal attack. The fact remains unrebutted that there is no genital arousal shown. The fact remains unrebutted that the character pose objected to is one provided by this website for sale. The image is not sexual but romantic. It may well display pre-coital intimacy, but it does not show intercourse. Without getting graphic, I suggest you look at the image again. Since I know something from personal experience about male-male intercourse, let me assure you that given their positions relative to one another, it is not anatomically possible for this couple to be having sex. The parts required do not align correctly with the one man's feet still on the ground. This is theater of the absurd and homophobic. And to suggest that I am not permitted to publically voice my concerns about censorship to which I object is far more unprofessional that the objection itself. It would appear that it's okay for the moderators to take action when they feel my art crosses a line but not okay for me to respond when I feel they have done the same. Censorship is an entirely appropriate subject for discussion in our community. Unless by community you mean the "rah-rah fan club."