Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Animation Vibratus Interruptus....

Dale B opened this issue on Jul 15, 2004 ยท 9 posts

Dale B posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 12:06 PM

If the camera was the biker-viewpoint, it would be easy; Vue's time splines are great for that kind of thing. This is a 'God view', and that would vibrate everything. Gross impact actions like hitting a major bump is doable--that's just putting in the actual displacement and letting the script handle the boing-ing of boobs and saddlebags. It's that few degrees up and down displacement of the shocks, and the effects that has, I'm trying to get (as the Beast mesh doesn't have discreet shocks to animate....that would be best of course, and just a little script to displace them a few degrees over time. Ultimately, I may have to find a killer bike with articulated shocks...but I'd rather not. The Beast is just so what I want to play with...). I know it would be subtle, but those are the things that really breaks the illusion of life and motion( I about died of joy when I saw that Judy had articulated toes, f'r instance. I could run a dance bvh, and take the time to twist the tootsies to match the motions of the body. Again it is subtle, but that 'ballet slipper' effect on a barefoot dancer really kills the illusion, just like most Poser meshes 'shovel foot' sameness kills it).