Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Excessive and hypocritical censorship

DavidDeyo opened this issue on Jul 14, 2004 ยท 44 posts

Cyhiraeth posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 12:47 PM

Oh, I'm going to get pelted with rotten tomatoes for this one, but here goes.... [rant]God, this reminds me of the other thread about "who is a real artist". "So if we deem you to be homophobic or close minded, then, of course, you aren't really an artist...." Geesh! I can understand being upset about unequal enforcement of the TOS from a strictly "rules is rules" point of view, but to start calling people names and "small minded" and "homophobic" is really tiresome, and quite frankly, unfair. You want a "free" system where you have the right to post what you want, but yet you don't want others to have differing opinions on things - they are automatically labled "homophobic", which, in effect, tells them to "shut up an sit down" because they are "unacceptable" in the "community", or they aren't a "real" artist because they aren't acceptable of homosexuality, real or implied. The reality is that the majority of people in the world are heterosexual - i.e. they like to see men with women, that is probably why these images are popular. You can't change people's minds or inclinations by calling them names or threatening some kind of ostracization from the "community of artists" because they don't see things the same way you do. If it's just an issue of unequal application of the TOS, then keep the discussion to that issue and argue it logically - don't call people names - you wouldn't like it (and in fact, it would be considered a hate crime), and neither do they.[/rant]